Biographical Poetry posted August 16, 2009 Chapters:  ...24 25 -26- 27... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
in memory of your birthday

A chapter in the book Dear Life

Dear Son

by PUPA



Background
These are separate chapters about different subjects in life. I always personalize the theme and write it in form of a letter. I do that in different styles and forms.

                                                                              
                                                                *
                                                           *******
                                                                *                                                                           
Dear Son,

 

So proudly, I looked at you that day, a tall and handsome young man;

beside you the girl of your dreams, everything went according to plan.

 

Then in my mind’s eye I could glimpse further, giving way to my imagination;

I held your cute baby in my arms, and felt that closeness, oh, what an elation.


My dream was abruptly interrupted, when a gentle hand on my shoulder 

grabbed me back to that gloomy truth, I shivered, suddenly I felt colder.

 

It just felt like a dream come true, so I am not writing because we're apart;

I thought I’d share that moment with you, forever you’ll live on inside my heart.

 

You would’ve been thirty-three today, but too soon, your new life had begun;

I am still imprisoned while you are free; rest in peace my sweet beloved son.

 

                                                                                        Your loving Mom

 

 




Recognized


Ten days ago, I attended the wedding of my son's cousin. For a few moments, I truly imagined what I have written above.
Today is Shaheer's birthday; he died at the age of 19.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. PUPA All rights reserved.
PUPA has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.