Biographical Poetry posted March 13, 2009 Chapters:  ...10 11 -12- 13... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Even the mundane becomes special with Lexi

A chapter in the book Dear Lexi

Spellbound By You

by Rdfrdmom2



Background
This book is dedicated to my first grandchild. It is meant to not only chronicle my thoughts as she grows but to also share stories about her mom and dad. Of course, it is a grandmother?s prerogative to add advice and snippets of wisdom now and then.

smiling at nanny

while filling your diaper

such divergent gifts

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

may I have this dance

your head can rest next to mine

will not mash your toes

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

you gaze into my eyes

holding me spellbound again

my heart is all yours

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

dancing you to sleep

is a newfound simple joy

more to discover

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

every day with you

is like dreaming while awake

best is still to come

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

jbh

3-12-09




Recognized


At 7 weeks old, Lexi is starting to recognize her parents, her grandfather and me by voice and sight and lets us know by her charming smile. Besides her reflux, she now has thrush resulting in treatments for both mom and baby. When not feeling well, we have to be creative in finding ways to soothe her. She seems to enjoy "dancing" with me and has begun placing one of her tiny arms tightly around my neck as we waltz (I use that term loosely here) about her living room. With the reflux issue, "poops" have taken on cause for celebration for the entire family. Ahhh, the simple things in life. A special thanks to channeled for the use of her picture, "Grandma's Girl" as Lexi surely is my girl. Thanks for reading.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Rdfrdmom2 All rights reserved.
Rdfrdmom2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.