Spiritual Non-Fiction posted February 10, 2009


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A journey back in time to an event.

Time Portal

by GentleWind

Standing here, I stare fearfully into the portal of time. I hear weeping, and as I turn I see a woman crying. Her face is streaked with the hot tears of agony. Others are standing around her in disbelief. I am rigidly held in time as I look up and see a man. Beauty and unsightliness is staring back at me, but he gives me a smile. In the midst of many contradictions of celebratory voices and soft whispers of desperation, his smile melts my fear. I am no longer afraid. Sadly, I realize he is dying, but his smile gives me hope that we will live to fight another day.

Hours pass and the weeping grows louder as I continue to hear the joy and the pain of this man's suffering. "Who is this man? Who is this man of sorrow?" My thoughts shift back to the memory of his smile. No fear, just total Peace. I now had my answer...he is the Son of God that died, so I may live! His smile said it all. "Do you see him smiling at you? "For God so loved (you) that He gave His only Son...



Recognized


A timeless journey of a face to face encounter with my Creator.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. GentleWind All rights reserved.
GentleWind has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.