Biographical Poetry posted January 31, 2009 Chapters:  ...5 6 -7- 8... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A minute poem (maybe)

A chapter in the book Dear Lexi

Once

by Rdfrdmom2



Background
This book is dedicated to my first grandchild. It is meant to not only chronicle my thoughts as she grows but to also share stories about her mom and dad. Of course, it is a grandmother's prerogative to add advice and snippets of wisdom now and then.

Once you were conceived, all things changed

            lives rearranged

            there was to be

            a family

 

Once news spread you would be a girl

            new little pearl

            not too much pink

            said mom with wink

 

Once born, after hearing your voice

            all did rejoice

            finally cheer

            happiness here

 

               1-31-09

 




Recognized


Little Lexi was born by Cesarean section after her mom had been through 26 difficult hours of stress, including induced labor that did not go well. Every time she had a contraction, the baby's heart decelerated. Cindy had to have oxygen several times to calm Lexi's stress level. As soon as the doctor opened the womb, he found the cause for Lexi's distress--her cord had gotten wrapped around her neck. That is the inspiration for the last verse.

I have never written a "minute" poem and am not sure I've done this correctly. Any suggestions are more than welcome. A special thanks to lisajames for the use of her wonderful picture, "joy". Thanks for reading.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Rdfrdmom2 All rights reserved.
Rdfrdmom2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.