Biographical Poetry posted January 27, 2009 Chapters: 1 2 -3- 4... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Late Night Musings

A chapter in the book Dear Lexi

Hi, Lexi; Haikus for You

by Rdfrdmom2



Background
This book is dedicated to my first grandchild. It is meant to not only chronicle my thoughts as she grows but to also share stories about her mom and dad. Of course, it is a grandmother's prerogative to add advice and snippets of wisdom now and then.

three generations

mother, daughter, granddaughter

love’s purest circle

 

 

twenty-six hour hell

exhausting delivery

daughter from heaven




Recognized


I realize these two may not seem to connect like those in the previous chapter; however, the only three people in the family who endured the entire 26 hour hell at the hospital were Cindy, Lexi and myself. All others came and went. I selected Carolisa's "Striving" for this piece as all three of us had to overcome great odds to be born--to become a chapter or two later--all were born by cesarean section--and all have a special purpose, I believe, for surviving and being here. Also, Cindy's nickname is Sunshine, which is a subtitle of this piece. Besides, I particularly like Carolisa's work.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Rdfrdmom2 All rights reserved.
Rdfrdmom2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.