Biographical Non-Fiction posted January 26, 2009 Chapters: -Prologue- 1... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A letter to my infant granddaughter

A chapter in the book Dear Lexi

Dear Lexi:

by Rdfrdmom2

Dear Lexi:

 

You are my first-born grandchild: the daughter of my daughter, who also happens to be my only child. Grandpa Aubrey and I were told we could not have children by many doctors, yet your mom was born on September 5, 1981. One day you will be old enough for me to share that story with you. Now, it seems, my miracle child has had a miraculous birth of her own. I can hardly wait to begin sharing those stories with you.

 

First, I need to share a little secret with you. Your Nanny Janice isn’t as young as she used to be. My memory isn’t as good as it once was, either. Instead of taking the chance of forgetting something important I want to share with you, I’ve decided to write this book just for you. It’s actually the second one as I wrote a short picture book to capture your first twenty-four hours. I’m putting one away for safe-keeping for when you can read.

 

Your special book will have stories and poems about your life. It will also include some of my recollections of your mom at the same age as you are when I’m writing just so you will know more about her as you mature. I also want to share with you hopes, prayers, affirmations, and encouragement to help keep you strong in your journey to become a woman of charity, courage, conviction, hope, love, and faith.

 

Above all else, I want you to know you have been loved by your parents, grandparents, extended family members, friends, and so many others from the moment any of us knew you had been conceived. I’ll be sharing more about that along the way, too. God knew and loved you before you were ever born then safely delivered you into the loving arms of your family. I pledge to love you unconditionally for as long as I live.

 

Welcome to the family, Miss Alexis Elaine Devers. You are the first in the next generation—the first grandchild on both sides of your parents’ families. We are all ecstatic you are here.

 

My eternal love,

Nanny Janice




Recognized


Thank you, Carolisa, for the beautiful artwork. A special thanks to Judian James for the inspiration to do this for my granddaughter.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Rdfrdmom2 All rights reserved.
Rdfrdmom2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.