Spiritual Fiction posted December 16, 2008


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Dialogue only Conversation With God (For Darlie)

His Little Girl

by Janilou


He loves you this much, too. For JM, JJ, AT, and you.

















"Hi, Dad."

"Hello, Jani."

"Thanks for coming."

"Always My pleasure."

"I nearly missed out on this contest again."

"I pulled a few strings."

"Wow, thanks, but I know You'd do it for anyone."

"I would."

"The contest is full again. Everyone wants to talk to You!"

"I spend a lot of time listening to my children."

"I have a friend who is feeling really down and lonely this Christmas. Would You send an angel to be with her? She's too shy to go out and meet people."

"Consider it done. I'll send Michael. You know how caring and sweet he is."

"Thanks, Dad. Yes, I do. I still remember when You sent him to keep me company, when I felt so alone. There's something else."

"Go ahead, honey."

"Do you remember how I used to be so afraid of You? Sorry, that's silly. Of course You remember."

"I sometimes choose to forget, so you're not silly. I do remember how I rejoiced the day you ran into My arms, and let me hold you for the first time."

"That's what I wanted to talk to You about. My other friend. He is feeling so distant from You right now. I'm afraid he might self-destruct."

"I understand your concern. I share it."

"He loved and admired his earthly father, but I don't think he felt accepted."

"I accept him, but he's not talking to Me right now. I miss hearing from him."

"It's funny to hear You say that, Dad. You have so many children."

"And I love each one of them with all My heart."

"Christmas can be a difficult time of year. People feel their losses so deeply."

"When I sent Jesus to earth, I knew the rest of the story. I understand completely."

"I've never thought of it that way. We celebrate His birth, but You knew what He'd go through on earth. Even though the end result would be wonderful, it must have been almost unbearable to watch Him suffer."

"It was, but there was no other way."

"Thanks for loving us that much, Dad. I sure wish I didn't let You down so much."

"I couldn't use you if you were perfect, daughter. You wouldn't understand other's pains and needs."

"Speaking of which. . . ."

"Yes?"

"I let one of my friends down the other day. I embarrassed her. I wanted to help, but it turned out all wrong."

"Jani, you know she's forgiven you, right?"

"Yes."

"So have I. "

"I'm kind of sad, though. Life is a struggle right now."

"That's why I'm here. Do you need a hug?"

"You are such an awesome God, Dad. Thanks."

"Goodnight, sweetheart."

"Goodnight . . . hey, Dad?"

"Yes?"

"Sing me a song?"

"Sure."

"You know which one, right?"

"You're my little girl, you're the one that I created, no one in this world could ever be like you.

"When you're crying in the night, all you need to do is call Me, I'll be there for you, 'cause you're My little girl."*




Recognized


* Lyrics from song by "Go Fish" -- "You're My Little Girl."


Contest required only dialogue. 500 words max. This is 500 words.

I had a difficult childhood at times. It took me a long time not to be afraid of God, the Father.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Janilou All rights reserved.
Janilou has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.