Satire Fiction posted December 13, 2008


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Wife sends a letter to her old girlfriend.

The Devil made me do it.

by zeezeewriter

Contest Winner 

Not every marriage is made in heaven. The author has placed a warning on this post for language.




Dear Jezy:

I hope this letter finds you in good health; living in a brothel sucks.  No pun intended.

The reason I'm writing is because your name was mentioned in a book the guys are putting together, a joint effort. I need to warn you; they do not speak well of you, just a heads-up on the bad press.  It will appear in the new addition under historical events.

I’m much happier since giving up the stroll, but life is rather boring.  J and I have been married for two years, and while I love him with all my heart ... things have cooled off in the bedroom, if you get my drift. 

His constant soul-searching is getting on my last-good-nerve.  I think he’s disappointed he married me, instead of pursuing, as he calls it, his ‘destiny.’  Frankly ... I think he suffers from delusions of grandeur.  He’s a fucking carpenter; he needs to get over it.  I don’t even have doors on my kitchen cabinets.  WTF.  

While he is a kind and loving man, I resent his friends loafing around the house, filling his mind with silly ideas.  If I didn’t know better, I’d swear they were a bunch of pot heads. Can’t they just go fishing or join a bowling league like normal guys?  I don’t have to tell you about writers, they’re convinced they’ll find a publisher and everyone in the world will read their book. 

I know, I shouldn’t complain.  I have a roof over my head, even though it leaks.  If he would just spend some time with me, I’d feel better about being married.  I wanted to go on vacation last month but he opted to go back into the wilderness alone and think.  Yeah, like I believe that.

Every year it’s the same thing; he packs his tooth brush, jumps on his ass, and disappears for six weeks.  I think he’s seeing another woman, otherwise, why take the toothbrush.  Whoever she is, she’s one stinky broad.  He comes home smelling like a goat.

His mother the “perfect one” stopped over last weekend.  What a pain in the neck!  Her whole attitude of “no one is good enough for my precious son” is getting old.  If she gives my furniture the white-glove test one more time, I’m going to break her hand off at the wrist. 

She’s done everything in her power to turn him into a momma’s boy.  Every Christmas she tells the same story of his birth. Boo, fuckin, hoo, so she spent one lousy night in a stable.   I spent half my life on my back in stables.  To this day, I have straw marks on my ass. 

She still holds to that old line that she was a virgin when he was born.  Joseph may be slow but he ain’t stupid.  Please, the woman’s a menace.  Now she’s commissioned some artist to do a statue of her for their foyer.  If you ask me, Joseph needs to grow a set of balls. 

I feel sorry for J.  She’s convinced him he is the son of God and that he blew his golden opportunity to fulfill his destiny because I seduced him in the garden.  As I recall, he seemed to enjoy himself at the time, but come morning light, he was all repentant. Now it’s my fault the world is without a Savior.

He claims during one of his wilderness outings, God came to him in a dream, giving him instructions on how to go forth.  It seems, dear old dad wanted him to hang on a cross for three days with a sword in his side, flanked by two guys with sticky fingers. I told him it sounded more like a nightmare from eating psychedelic mushrooms.  He rolled his eyes and walked away at the mention of this.  He is a true believer.

If anyone deserves to be crucified, it’s that no-good friend of his, Judas.  I personally think he’s been dipping into the till. Everyone in town knows he’d sell his own mother for thirty pieces of silver. 

J is steadfast in his love and devotion for this man, insisting on inviting him to all the meetings, setting a place for him at every table.  We’re still paying for the last big bash.  I asked him if the bill was split twelve ways.  He said not to worry about such things.  God will provide.  Well, I hope God is a good tipper.  My cousin works there as a waiter.

I gotta run; the guys are here.   We’re headed out to another rally down at the beach.  Two years ago they showed up with one loaf of day-old bread and two fish ... like that would feed anybody.  This time, I called a caterer. 

Your good friend, Maggie.




Contest Winner

Recognized


This is a contest posed by Miskko. The idea is to write a story about a famous duo, or group and project what might have happened if things had turned out differently.

I don't expect everyone will leave a review for this. In fact, I expect most people will flee the vicinity for fear of lighting striking them. I apologize if I offend anyone's belief. It was not my intention. I respect everyone's right to believe. I am going to go hide now.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. zeezeewriter All rights reserved.
zeezeewriter has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.