Spiritual Non-Fiction posted December 2, 2008


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
What it feels like to know one is dying.

I am dying

by AlvinTEthington

I found out I was dying three months ago. The doctors, who tied me to the bed so tightly I couldn't move, told me that. They said if I quit living (drinking wine, going to parties, and giving lectures), I would live ten years. Well, I don't want to reach a point where "Cream of Wheat" is too spicy for me. I want to live, laugh, and learn. Is ten years of boredom worth three years of happiness? I lectured last month for half an hour on Japanese forms of poetry (and was paid $100 for it.) Can I give up what I love for a life of sleeping and boredom? Being taken care of by others? What would G-D want me to do? I have fear. Any advice (but not pious platitudes--would be helpful.) Keep your Scriptural interpretations to yourself unless you can read Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek (I can read all three.) Yes, I am angry, but how would you feel if you had so little time to live?



Recognized


Don't give religious advice unless it comes from the One, Holy, Living God. (who hates sacrilege under the advice of "I know better than other human beings.")
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. AlvinTEthington All rights reserved.
AlvinTEthington has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.