Biographical Non-Fiction posted April 27, 2024


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
We are never too old to learn something new.

Learning Computer Skills

by patcelaw


“If we shift our mindset, our later years can be a time of exploration adventure, and joy." Caroline Paul 


 

 I was 62 when I first began to use the computer and do it in a serious manner. I have learned so much in those 24 years about the computer. How to use it and I’m learning each day as I adventure life through the use of the computer.

We are never too old to learn something new, but we need to have that sense of adventure in our lives as we go forth, especially in the computer world.

My family is always amazed at me and how much I have learned over the last 24 years, about the computer and how to use it. I have learned how to make webpages. I have learned to do artwork on the computer. I have joined a writing site where I am able to exchange my stories with other people and review their stories as well. This has been a real adventure for me and I am so pleased that I have the opportunity to be a part of the fan story community on the computer.

Now that my vision is failing me, I can still do things using my iPad and I can still read some things with the backlighting that is provided for me with my iPad. I no longer can use my computer because I fail to be able to see it and comfortably use it.
 

I am able to write these things because I’m able to speak all of my words into my iPad and it’s recording my words as I speak them. Life is an adventure and it’s one that I am so glad that I have been taking all of my life, but especially in the past 24 years. 
 

I plan to keep writing poetry and stories for as long as I am able on the computer with my iPad and sharing them with you here in the fan story community.





The artwork on this I did on my computer a number of years ago. It also graces the cover of a book of poetry that I wrote called. A Master For Him. The quote I used on this was what inspired me to go ahead and write this about my life and the use of a computer.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.