General Fiction posted April 13, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Kyle partied a bit too much and goes to the slammer

Kyle made a big mistake

by Gunner Lil


The door slammed, echoing down the long hall.
Kyle turned his head to see why but couldn't.  With his hands locked 
behind him with the help of hand cuffs, plus two six foot six inch guys
propelling him to what looked like an office his freedom has been
restricted.
 
"Hey look guys," Kyle said. "I can walk by myself. Just tell me
were to go. I'll pay the fine. Happily." He looked down the hallway. It had to be twenty yards long. The floor tile was bright white with a black baseboard. The walls with their semi-gloss light blue paint made the place look inviting.
 
The door slammed again and echoed down the hall and caused Kyle to
try to turn around. "Why don't you people fix that thing?"
 
"Shut the hell up. Walk faster or we'll just drag you down the hallway."
 
A third uniformed officer joined the group. "Is this the bastard that cold cocked me at that party?"
 
"This is he."
 
"Great let him go. I'll bring him to booking myself," the officer said. "I got the paperwork right here." He showed the two men a fist full of papers and waved them in front of Kyle.
 
I hit a policeman? I was at a party? I must have been pretty shit-faced.
 
Booking took an hour. The cop Kyle struck stood close by. From time to time he would pat the bruise above his left eye which was beginning to turn black and blue.
 
"Okay, Bruce, I'll take him to lock-up," the Booking Sergeant said.
 
"No. I want that pleasure." He grabbed Kyle and holding him by his shirt collar marched him down the hallway.
 
Bruce rang the bell at the end of the hallway for the entrance door to open and walked Kyle to a vacant cell.
 
Kyle looked up at Bruce with puppy dog eyes and said, "Hey man, I'm sorry."
 
The officer looked at the kid and smiled and slammed the cell door shut that echoed down the hallway.
 
Kyle, only nineteen suddenly felt lonely. He latched onto the cell bars and wet his pants.
 
My dad is going to kill me.
 
 
 
 



The Door Slammed writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that starts with this sentence: The door slammed, echoing down the long hall.

Don't add to the sentence. The catch is this must be flash fiction. So the story should be between 100 and 1,000 words.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Gunner Lil All rights reserved.
Gunner Lil has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.