General Flash Fiction posted April 11, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
When tragedy is too big for a small boy to understand

Loyal Forever

by Begin Again


 
 
 
Frightened, Jimmy cried as his dad drove away with a woman.

His mother tried to hug him, but he pulled away.

He beat his fists against her legs. "I hate you! You made daddy go away."

His mother's cheeks were flushed, and her eyes were red. "You're wrong, Jimmy. I tried to stop him."

"Liar! I heard you! You said he couldn't see his friend anymore," Jimmy sniffled. "That wasn't nice."

"Someday, you'll understand," she sighed.

He screamed, "No, I won't! I want my dad."

Jimmy ran to his bedroom, slamming the door.

He huddled in the corner, tears streaming down his face. He felt so alone and scared.

Teddy sat on the shelf, staring at his friend. Jimmy pulled him from the shelf, wrapped him in his arms, hugging him until he fell asleep.

In his dream, Teddy whispered, "Hey, buddy, I'm always here. Sometimes parents argue, but it doesn't mean they don't love you."

Jimmy woke up feeling better. He hugged Teddy as they sat in silence, their hearts connecting in a way that only true friends could understand. At that moment, Jimmy knew he was never truly alone as long as he had his loyal teddy bear.



200 Word Flash writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story on any topic. 200 Words Exactly! Title not included in count.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Begin Again All rights reserved.
Begin Again has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.