Humor Fiction posted April 8, 2024


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
a little dark humor

Eclipsia

by pome lover


Rick Racoon and his family rushed up to the people pool. “Hey, Pauline, cool, huh? Dark in the middle of the day!”

Pauline Possum appeared perturbed. “Somethin’s wrong,” she squeaked. “This is weird. I don’t like it.”

“Well, I’m taking the kids swimming. I like this middle-of-the-day-dark.”

Oliver Owl looked down at them from the nearby oak tree. “Rick, I hate to rain on your parade, son, but it’ll be light again in a minute.”

“How you know that?”

“Just do. Don’t anybody look up. It’ll hurt your eyes.”

Just as Rick and fam started looking up, Oliver flew down and with his strong wings, knocked them all in the pool.

They came up, sputtering and fussing.

“You’re welcome,” Oliver said, and flew back to his tree.

Sure enough, it was getting light again.

“Wow,” Rick said, scrambling out of the pool, “Move it, kids, before the people see us.”

“But Da-ad! We just…”

“Hush. Now scoot! Oliver, you magic or something? How’d you make it dark?”

Oliver smiled. “Come back around 8:00 and I’ll do it again.”

“You bet we will.”

“Da-ad, I think he’s…”

“You kids don’t wanta come, okay, but I’m coming back. I gotta see this.”




Recognized


a short break from sadness
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pome lover All rights reserved.
pome lover has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.