General Non-Fiction posted April 7, 2024


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
He always by my side

My Best Friend

by BlueMarble


So many years ago – I don’t want to even think about how many, but it has been a few.

Being the youngest of three children, one would think I would have had a couple playmates at least.  But a good share of the time I didn’t.  Kathy and Dave were enough older than me to either be gone to school, or off somewhere finding things to do without me as a tag-along.  It was just the way of life this country girl grew up used to …. instead of children my age, I had Skippy for a best friend.

Skippy was a wonderful friend, and he rarely left my side.  I guess he loved me as much as I loved him.

Over the years there was always a dog in my life.  I always got along with them much better than I did with people.  I never had to worry about saying the wrong thing to a dog.  They loved me no matter what.

Now so many years later I still would be able to have the same relationship except for one major problem – The dogs that I encounter now very often are just too powerful in displaying their love.  My balance isn’t what it used to be.   Maybe it’s time I give up on dogs and try working on my people skills.




Childhood Photo contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. BlueMarble All rights reserved.
BlueMarble has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.