Commentary and Philosophy Fiction posted March 27, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
We do not have to act on our thoughts.

Dealing with an Issue

by patcelaw



 

“ I can’t help what I think.”

“ No, but you don’t need to act on your thoughts."

“I am so sorry that I acted on my thoughts and hurt you. Will you please forgive me?"

“Yes, I will forgive you this time and I accept your apology."

“ Thank you so very much. Now could I help you with the dinner dishes?"

“I would be delighted to have you help me with the dishes, as it gives proof that your actions are beginning to be better."

“After we get the dishes done, is it possible that I could take you shopping for that new pair of shoes that you are wanting?"

“While we are shopping for my new shoes, could we also go by the dress shop to get a new dress to go with the shoes?"




Dialogue Only Writing Contest contest entry

Recognized


I purposely did not identify who the two people in the dialogue only were. It is interesting to find out how different people look at it in a different way. Some think it could be the dialogue between a mother and a daughter, or a dialogue between a friend and a friend or even a husband and a wife. I chose to leave it on identified so that each person could make their own choice as to what they believe.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.