General Fiction posted March 24, 2024


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Fiction inspired by a real couple.

The Secret to Life, is Laughter

by Danielle Lillard


Randy was a runner, and was now in the midst of his fifth full marathon. His wife, Cheryl, was beautiful, and known for her incredible sense of humor. Few could ever truly match wits with her.

They had been together since the flood, raised their children, and were now enjoying retirement. Their house, always filled with laughter.

Cheryl could see Randy coming down the final stretch, she always came to cheer him on...
When he collapsed in cardiac arrest, and was rushed to the emergency room. Surgery and a medically induced coma, but Cheryl never left the hospital.

When doctors roused him, he was on a ventilator and terribly weak, he still managed to gently reach for Cheryl's hand.
As he did, she said in false disgust, "Are you seriously trying to grab my boob?"

Randy nearly died twice that week. Once from a heart attack, and once from laughter.



Flash Fiction contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by seshadri_sreenivasan at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Danielle Lillard All rights reserved.
Danielle Lillard has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.