General Poetry posted March 22, 2024


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
For my kid sister

Half A Heart

by Heather Knight

Girl, remember when it was just the two of us? Our toys and games?

Every day was a new adventure full of imaginary friends, complicit fun.

Mum never knew what we were up to behind her back. Thank God for that.

Mostly, we shared a secret code, an unsigned pact. Never tell on me or else…

And then, one day, you hid behind the clouds. And here I am, standing on dry ground. Waiting.




Acrostic Poetry Contest contest entry

Recognized


As some of you know, my kid sister, Gemma, passed aways almost six years ago at the age of 48.

I've probably used this picture before, but it's one of my favourites.

My lines are too long and won't fit, but the colours will help you see when one finishes and the next starts.

The song below always made Mum think of my sis because she was tiny. My niece also is, but she doesn't care while my sister did (she stayed at home for a whole year because of bullying, but that didn't stop her from becoming a Professor with two PhDs).

Thanks for reading.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Heather Knight All rights reserved.
Heather Knight has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.