Biographical Non-Fiction posted February 23, 2024


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Read about my lifelong mission becoming a perfect success

A Random Day to Cherish

by Sueswrite


A random day, like any other, surprisingly became anything but one in the same, and without expectation, suddenly turned into a day filled with an amazing memory of my lifetime.

On this one very simple, normal day, as routine followed its course, I opened my email messages for that day to scroll through for any catching my interest and discarding those unimportant to read. One particularly caught my attention, so I decided to open it.

I was greeted by a kind, "Hello", along with a brief explanation of how she had been working on a special project to complete a family tree, and stated that when she switched over from her mother's family information to her father's ancestral history, she had noticed by a website notification that another person had also recently been interested in her father's family profile.

My contact information was available, and her curiosity led her to writing this email, which inevitably led to the successful achievement for many years of diligent perserverance and determination to find the proving answers that would disolve the sad and empty void within me, a truly deserved reward.

I gave thought to the reply that I was about to send off to this woman with hesitant reservation to assure I wouldn't upset or cause anguish to speak further with me. Our email messages to and from each other allowed us to absorb the facts which quickly intensified our satisfaction to agree that we share the same father.

The one and a half years of written correspondence through email, text messages and Facebook communication resulted in the overwhemming need to meet my 'New Sister' in person, regardless of traveling 3,000 miles to meet her. Since our first email messages, I learned the truth that our dad had passed away some years back. I began to know who my dad was through photos, stories about him during his life, and my sister sharing how he was a wonderful father and man who was well loved, admired and respected. Our DNA confirmed us as sisters during my first visit to meet each other and once together, there was no denying us as related.

With my sister, I met our father as we sat together at his grave and knew my lifelong mission was a perfect success. Thirty-eight years believing and trusting my dream would come true, turned a random sad day into a grateful reward I will cherish for the rest of my life. 




True Story Contest contest entry

Recognized


The year I became fifteen became the thirty-eight year adventure to locate my biological father. Growing up without siblings and being raised by an abusive step father and a silent non-nurturing or protective mother, I was determined to escape and locate my blood related father. Relocated to safe relatives, my mission began. Year after year, I refused to give up and that random day I read my email is a day I will always remember.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sueswrite All rights reserved.
Sueswrite has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.