Humor Fiction posted February 6, 2024


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
We owe it to them

The Training of a Wife

by Deniz22

1. They are not like us...really.
 
2. They are not like them either; each is unique.
 
3. Some general differences between the sexes, often celebrated in song are obvious, and certainly worth singing about.
 
4. However, over time, more subtle differences between us manifest themselves and require their re-training.
 
5. After 60+ of marriage, I realized the brutal fact, my wife did not respect me and I set out to help her achieve this highly valued goal. 
 
6. I started slowly and patiently to help her, driven by many past experiences of disrespect on her part.
 
7. I noticed one day she was emptying the dishwasher and grumbling about it. Seems she found the frequent loading and unloading a tedious task.
 
8. I saw my chance to begin the reboot! The next time the dishwasher dinged it's completion cycle signal and she wasn't around to hear it, I GOT UP AND EMPTIED THE DISHWASHER! That's right, the WHOLE dishwasher!
 
9. She turned a corner that night! I saw a tiny little spark of respect in her eyes after I pointed out my deed a couple of times, not for my glory but to help in her retraining. A trained wife is a happy wife!
 
10. We're about 3/4 through her retraing and it's going wonderfully! I've been making the bed, taking out the trash, feeding the birds (even on the cold days), making sure her car is gassed up and serviced regularly, and today I remembered to put the toilet paper on the roller the right way! She even said, "Good boy!" without prompting!
 
Men, we can do this and we MUST do it for them!



Recognized


TOFIC
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.