Biographical Non-Fiction posted January 2, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
I've lived to see another year!

Embracing 2024 to the Fullest

by wilkswrites

Since I cannot seem to locate my journal, I will write my thoughts here.  It is 12:38 am, technically the day after the new year and my 65th birthday.  I find it so hard to believe that I am now categorized as a senior citizen.  I have so much life in me, and so many friends, still the life of the party (well not party, but I am still a very lively person in the room).  I am still enjoying a job that I absolutely love, living on my own (in my case marriage made me old, whereas, singleness keeps me feeling youthful).
 
In 2023, I have decided to leave behind a few things such as bad habits (talking too much, sharing my plans, staying in uncomfortable  situations just to please others, and not being bold enough to speak up when I am offended). In 2024, I aim to be bolder, do something unique each month such as take dance classes, pottery classes, go walking in an old town just because, create something new, do something new.  I don't know what seventy looks like or if I will even see seventy, 
 
I pray that Siri isn't correct when she states that the US will be involved in a disruption that it will never recover from.  I pray that we somehow get an option for a different president than Biden or Trump, because if either of them wins again, we are screwed.   I pray that my grandbabies will begin visiting me again (I am not sure what that's about), and I also pray that the good Lord would introduce me to my soulmate.  But. if He doesn't, I pray that I will enjoy peace and joy as I continue to fly solo.
 
May you all enjoy 2024 to the fullest.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. wilkswrites All rights reserved.
wilkswrites has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.