Fantasy Flash Fiction posted September 5, 2023


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Wallow in your burdens and lose, or use them and win.

The Reign Will Come

by Ridge Nash

He walked across the empty hall, contemplating how his life was about to change at the snap of a finger. He ran his fingers across the battle worn armor his father once wore. He stared at his distorted reflection in the visor of the helmet, wondering if he could fill his father’s place. He ran his fingers carefully across the twisted metal that bordered the gaping hole in the chest plate. The damage and wound that finalized his father’s reign.  His reverie ended as he heard angry chatter through the double doors leading outside. He walked to the extravagant chair that centered the back of the hall. “A throne” his father had called it, in reality it was a burden. He turned his back to the throne, and towards the door leading to the apoplectic crowd. He stopped before opening the doors and said to himself. “This burden is mine.”

 




Flash Fiction contest entry


The First Milestone
This authors first post!
A Milestone Post


Enjoy!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Ridge Nash All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Ridge Nash has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.