Fantasy Flash Fiction posted August 21, 2023


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
soulmate

Gone with the wind

by Iza Deleanu


Gone with the wind, he was a lifelong traveler who never stopped for more than a day until something disrupted his routine. Then, love, at first sight, struck him. She had no name or face, only a pair of eyes that engulfed his being in a second and burned him to the ashes. She left him longing for more, and he searched for her under every leaf and rock, but she was long gone. Only the eyes kept the company of his lonely soul. They met for a second but were bound for an eternity. He was the burning sun, and she was the bright moon, never to meet again or leave together.

Many of us are running for that promised soulmate, never to be found and treasured. Until then, we mate with “alike” people who leave us disappointed. Gone with the wind, returned with the storm. What a tragedy.




Flash Fiction contest entry

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.