Children Non-Fiction posted June 29, 2023


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Thank you Cleo85 for the use of your great art work

The Green Snake

by Teri7


Being ten years old I enjoyed life outdoors; climbing trees and playing paper dolls, with my best friend, Vivian. The tree we would climb was in our front yard.
 
We would climb up really high, as this tree had many limbs and places to go on it. 
 
On this particular day I decided I would go up before Vivian.  My plan was to take this green water hose up and tie it in a good knot. My hope was for us to be able to swing on it.
 
Being ten I was not that good at tying knots in things, other than my shoe laces.
 
As I eased up the tree I looked, and what I saw shocked me.
 
In my one hand was the green hose to tie the knot in, but it looked like the green hose was meeting me face to face!
 
It finally sunk in that a green, yard snake was on its way down the tree. Apparently we had messed up it s nap time in the tree.
 
I came down out of that tree screaming so loud. 
 
I hated snakes. They scared me so badly.
 
As I made it to the ground I saw Vivian at one of the bushes holding on to a green snake.
 
My friend always did some weird things like that.
 
I looked at her and said, "Vivian, I am going in the house!"
 
I had to go in and calm down for awhile.
 
I was one happy girl when I was safe and sound in my house and bedroom. No more snakes!!!
 
 
 
Writen by: Teresa A. Shortess
Copyright@2023



True Story Contest contest entry

Recognized


I didn't like snakes then and I surely don't like them any better now! I hope you enjoy the story. May God bless you all!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by cleo85 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Teri7 All rights reserved.
Teri7 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.