General Script posted December 27, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
This essay explains why I need to write

My Gift - My Privilege

by PENofFIRE


There are many reasons why I write. It is more than a hobby; it is a need to empty my mind of all the thoughts that gather there. It is a release of pent-up emotions regarding issues that present themselves to the public and need to be discussed. I, in turn, have a need to express my opinion on those matters and on subjects that people ignore because no one wants to rock the boat. I believe those matters to be the most serious of all and need to be brought out in the open for discussion.

Another reason I enjoy writing is the pleasure I receive in writing for children. How rewarding it is when I can use my skill to open the mind of a child to the adventures that await them through the written word. How blessed to be given the ability to teach them new things and to be the one who created a “first-time” experience for them through something I wrote. Above all, the joy of leading them to Christ because what I wrote about Jesus sparked their interest.

There is a feeling of wonderment in capturing the interest of those whose hobby is reading. The written word can take them places they only dream about going. It can stimulate one’s emotions of love, fear, excitement, pleasure, and a whole host of other feelings by what I write. The reader can partake in all sorts of adventures while sitting in their lounger. They can be whoever or whatever and go wherever I, as the author take them. It is a matter of transferring my imagination to the reader and them accepting it.

We as writers have the potential of leading many to Christ by speaking truth through the pen. What a privilege it is to have a part in winning a soul to Jesus.

As writers, we have been given a gift and a responsibility. Let us be respectful in our approach to life’s issues. There is power in the pen, let us wield it wisely.




Writers' Reason contest entry


I am a lover of words. It excites me to gather those words together and present to my readers a written picture of whatever and wherever it is my imagination takes me. As always, I invite you to come along.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by avmurray at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. PENofFIRE All rights reserved.
PENofFIRE has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.