Mystery and Crime Fiction posted August 20, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Death of an acquaintance.

Freddy

by barbara.wilkey


I'm sorry to announce Freddy's body was discovered on the kitchen floor at approximately seven o'clock this morning, Saturday, August 20th. Since he was a cold-blooded reptile the time of death is impossible to determine. Freddy was last seen Monday, August 15th under some kitchen towels. An autopsy was determined unnecessary. Burial was immediate.

The prime suspect is a 17-pound large, male, orange, tabby, named Monty. Monty remains at large, sunning himself in a bedroom windowsill. He is deemed not a threat to anybody other than geckos. It's obviously a hate crime.



Recognized

#47
August
2022


My buddy, the gecko, hadn't been seen since hiding in my purse. Monday is my laundry day. I picked up some kitchen towels to throw in the washer and there he was. I couldn't catch him, to put him outside because I was trying to keep by dachshund away from him so he wouldn't be his breakfast. I told my husband since he's going to hang around, I should name him. Hence when Freddy became his name.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.