General Fiction posted August 13, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Rex and I go on Holiday

Trip to the beach

by Gunner Lil

Rex my three- year- old Golden Retriever and I decided to go on a mini vacation to the seashore, no place special, just lots of sand and water. I told Rex to select one toy he could take with him.
"We want to travel light," I told him.
He chose his favorite ball. The green one that he got last year for his birthday. It was well worn with lots of teeth marks.
With that packed we were off to the beach fifty miles away.
We found a pet friendly motel and got a room only a few steps from the doggy playground that Rex loved and met a cute female Shepard.
Saturday, we hit the beach at daybreak and had miles of beach to ourselves. I wore my arm out throwing that old green ball out as far as I could out into the ocean so Rex could dog paddle and retrieve it.
Fun and games stopped for him and me, when Suzie the Shepard showed up with Gail her owner. Off went the pair to the sand dunes.
Small talk was the plan of the day for me with Gail. An hour of this and that went by until Rex returned with his green ball and Suzie close in tow.
Gail a schoolteacher suggested that we meet later for lunch while Rex and Suzie play at the doggy park.
I was a nice guy agreed and Rex loved his playtime away from me. I guess he really needed a vacation from me.
Saturday evening the motel held a doggy costume contest. I got a cowboy hat and bandanna at the seven-day store for Rex. He didn't win but we both had fun.
Gail and Suzie won second place and a five- pound bag of dog chow.
During the next three days Gail and I became friends, and we had a great time as did Suzie and Rex.
Our last night at the beach we made a small fire and cooked hot dogs on a stick and ate potatoes chips. Rex loved the burnt hot dogs, but Suzie ate most of the chips.
Gail and I exchanged phone numbers and promised to stay in touch. We both departed for home on Monday.
A few weeks after Rex and I got back into our normal life I received a call from Gail.
"We have to talk," Gail said. "How's Rex?"
"He's happy to be home. I got him a new ball. How's Suzie?"
"Pregnant."



A Fun Trip writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story about a fun trip you and your pet took--real or fiction OR a combo of both real & fiction. Word count 400-450 /Black font only /Keep it G rated suitable for children

Recognized

#54
August
2022
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Gunner Lil All rights reserved.
Gunner Lil has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.