General Fiction posted April 18, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A dribble flash fiction with 50 words

Ripping through Time

by June Sargent


Look at these idiots - all dressed up in their steampunk gear!

If Victorian life was that great, why was everyone obsessed with time travel?

Someone succeeded in escaping to the twentieth century - and I tagged along.

Jack the Ripper was never caught...that's me on the right, dressed in maroon.




Dribble Flash Fiction contest entry


Steampunk. A subgenre of science fiction that depicts advanced technology combined with Victorian style and aesthetics, such as steam-powered machines and vehicles, visible gears and screws and people dressed in 19th-century attires.

I saw the picture of the steampunk group and the idea just popped into my head. There actually was a movie years ago called Time after Time that was based on the premise that Jack escaped in a time machine - built by H G Wells. That's what I had in mind...
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by eileen0204 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. June Sargent All rights reserved.
June Sargent has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.