General Fiction posted February 13, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Doubt is destructive in so many ways. Here is an example.

Doubt

by wilkswrites

Personification Contest Winner 
I am in and out of your life, toppling your belief system, causing you to learn slower than others as I cast an invisible veil over your intellect. I cause others to see you like an idiot, when, in fact, you are very intelligent. By the time I am finished, your new team thinks ill of you as you question yourself, fear their opinions, and accept constructive criticism as an insult. I am well aware that if you should ever remove me from your psyche, I will lose my power over you. So I loom in the distance, watching you from afar, making sure that you lose opportunities that will, no doubt, make you soar. I am committed to ruining your life, and I thank you for allowing me to hang by your side despite the fact that you know that we are not friends.



Personification
Contest Winner


Doubting myself is a struggle and it comes from way back when I was a child of six years old when my mother, instead of supporting me, criticized me. Instead of asking me what was wrong, she yelled at me and insulted me. When I was molested, instead of confronting the culprit, she called me a slut. I know that from that early age, I began to doubt myself, and although I am strong, smart, and have accomplished so much in my life, doubt continues to creep on me from time to time. It's a definite struggle.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. wilkswrites All rights reserved.
wilkswrites has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.