Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted February 7, 2022


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
I went to Ottawa to check it out!

What Really Happened in Ottawa!

by lauralumummu


I believe in Freedom! I also believe that the Government has overstepped and forgotten that they work for all Canadians, not just a selected few.

The mainstream media and the liberal government would have you believe the truckers and their supporters are just a small group of radicals,
They have even called them racist, haters, etc. 

So, I decided to see for myself! I went to Ottawa on Friday, February 4, and stayed until Sunday.

I traveled with one of our sons and his wife and young family. We stayed at a hotel just over one kilometer from Parliament Hill.

Walking up the hill, in the freezing cold pushing my youngest grandson in a stroller. It was an uphill battle– if any of you have been there you know what I mean.

What was happening? I saw at least a million people and giant trucks and other vehicles all having Canadian flags and freedom signs on them. The people walking were happy, smiling, cheering and shouting Freedom!. I could hear horns and music and laughter. Everyone was filled with joy and hope.

I saw no problems or signs of racism. People were there from every race and walk of life, from blue-collar workers, pastors, nurses, lawyers, firefighters, physicians, business owners, families, teachers, veterans, and of course the truckers and supporters. There was a lot of police presence, but they just stayed in the background. Many police are Freedom movement supporters.

 All just ordinary Canadians, in a lawful demonstration asking the government to give us freedom of choice and get rid of all mandates.
There was a spirit of Canadian Unity like I have never felt anywhere before. There were many speakers, even a young girl that spoke of feeling so isolated and not even being able to go to college.

There was a lot of prayer and a church service on Sunday. On Friday and Saturday evenings there were parties and dancing, music, and even bouncy castles for the kids. 

Everywhere there was free food and treats for kids and even crayons and games, not just for truckers, but for everyone there.

As for the horns, they can’t be heard at most of the citizens' homes and many Ottawa citizens are supporting the truckers with food, showers, and even a bed for the night others gave them gift cards.

Some of the flags were not to my taste, but I understand the frustration and sentiment behind them. The only NAZI flags I saw were referring to Trudeau acting like Hitler, as in the second world war, the NAZI regime took over the rights and freedoms of the German people, in particular the Jewish people and their supporters, subtly at first then by restrictions than by force. Some people are concerned this can happen here if we don't speak up.

The only haters I saw, were a small group of Ottawa citizens at city hall carrying signs that said things like they love Trudeau and haters go home they never came near the hill. None engaged with us or even looked at us nor did they have Canadian Flags. The businesses that stayed open had a tremendous business. Those that complained and stayed closed, by their choice and blamed the truckers, forgot the government shut them down for two years.

I can honestly say– I have never felt prouder or more Canadian in my life! I am so glad I went to see with my own eyes.  I continue to pray for the truckers and their supporters in their Quest for our Freedom from all Mandates!



True Story Contest contest entry

Recognized


The picture is of me taking a rest in Conferdation Park Ottawa, I am a Free Canadian! My parents were born here my husband and all my children and grandchildren were born here we are law-abiding tax-paying and God-fearing, Canadians. Since I wrote this the police have trampled people on horseback, pepper-sprayed them, and arrested many including veterans. They didn't do this in past protests that were actually violent, this was a peaceful protest. No police cars burned no police officers hurt. no windows broken. Tyranny against ordinary citizens.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. lauralumummu All rights reserved.
lauralumummu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.