Fantasy Fiction posted December 14, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
tiny tale about a big ape

The Chase

by mermaids


Bigfoot is running at a fast pace. The giant ape did not realize he could run this fast. He is being chased by a guinea pig who appears quite determined to catch him. North America's most popular primate is embaressed. The small creature startled him when he strolled by her house.

Bigfoot trips and falls head first into a pile of snow. His butt is sticking out and he can hear the tiny, furry being babbling away.

"Get up you enormous idiot! Face me and begin explaining your actions. There will be consequences!"

Slowly Bigfoot rises up and sheepishly brushes the snow off himself. The little multicolored guinea pig is glaring at him.

"Why are you chasing me? And what are you?"

Yeti scurries towards the big ape.

"My name is Yeti, a guinea pig queen. You stole my banana treats. Porch pirates should be punished! Hand them over....now!"

Bigfoot takes a deep breath.

"I have no use for banana treats and I am not a thief."

"Then where are my treats? Amazon delivers overnight. I did not see them on the stairs."

Bigfoot cannot believe the conversation he is having with this little hairy being. But he admires her spunk.

"Maybe they haven't arrived yet. It is still early in the day. You said that your name is Yeti? My cousin is a yeti? I am confused."

"My human calls me Yeti. My herd calls me Queen. Is your cousin as dumb as you?"

Bigfoot shakes his head. This is one tough girl.

"Let's go back to your house. Your treats have probably been delivered."

Bigfoot follows the guinea pig back to her home. There is a package on the stairs.

Yeti turns and faces Bigfoot.

"My treats have arrived! I was just worried that someone your size could easily take them and have a feast with them in the woods."

Bigfoot bends down and faces Yeti.

"I would never steal your treats."

He is tempted to pet her but refrains from doing so.
"I like you, you are a strong willed lady."

Yeti scurries closer to the giant ape. She lets out a few chirps.

Bigfoot gives in and strokes her forehead. He likes his new friend.



Recognized


The pic is Yeti, our first guinea pig. She charged one of our cats who will not go near the guinea pig cage, he is afraid of them. I can see Yeti chasing Bigfoot. All of our guinea pigs go crazy for banana yogurt treats.

Club entry for the "Legends" event in "Animal Crackers".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. mermaids All rights reserved.
mermaids has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.