General Poetry posted August 22, 2021 Chapters:  ...26 27 -28- 29... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
12/5 Poem for Haiku Club

A chapter in the book One Thousand Cranes

Skipping Stones With Dad

by Gypsy Blue Rose


for rules, please check my author notes


as sun shimmers over warm lake, I reminisce —
skipping stones with dad

now, I watch him struggle to breathe in ICU —
my heart skips a beat



 



Recognized


12/5 POEM - a new form created by Gypsy Blue Rose. The poem is inspired by Japanese poetry. It's imagistic and intuitive. In the first line (12 syllables) write a visual phrase about nature or human nature. In the second line write a juxtaposition pivotal phrase in relation to the first line. You may write one stanza of 12/5 alone or repeat as many times as you like.

If you would like to join the Haiku Club click here and look for it on the list of clubs. Let me know if I can help.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read and review my poem.

Gypsy


Club entry for the "12/5 MODERN HAIKU" event in "HAIKU CLUB".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Gypsy Blue Rose All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Gypsy Blue Rose has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.