Horror and Thriller Non-Fiction posted May 5, 2021


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Drafts wills by day, writes screenplay by night

Tedious Turned Terrifying!

by Elizabeth Emerald


I have a helluva headache.

This afternoon, I was, in turn, brain-beaten and blindsided.

I visited a lawyer who specializes in disability trusts; I've been advised that it is in my daughter's interest that her inheritance be protected from seizure by the state (for the purpose of recouping accrued medical costs). 

During the tortuous (and torturous) session, I was (and remain) overwhelmed by the ramifications of the sundry permutations of trusts. 'Nuff said.

After 45 minutes, attorney Lane, mercifully, wrapped up the onslaught by way of small talk. She asked what I did for work; I told her about playtime in StoryLand.

She said she was writing a screenplay, which she plans to pitch to Netflix. She's hoping to thereby recoup the million dollars that had been stolen by her long-time trusted paralegal.

I urged her to sign on and run it by us; I'll be on the lookout for Bonus Review (i.e. non-promoted) postings labeled "Horror and Thriller Scripts"; given her unfortunate financial circumstances, I'm unlikely to find it in the payout pages.

It would be pointless at this time to rack my wracked brain for title suggestions; perhaps, in a day or ten, it will be up for the task.

Meantime, if you can conjure something clever, I'll pass it on.







 



Recognized


Alfred Hitchcock The Birds by MoonWillow on FanArtReview.com THANK YOU!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by MoonWillow at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Elizabeth Emerald All rights reserved.
Elizabeth Emerald has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.