General Fiction posted September 3, 2016 Chapters:  ...8 8 -9- 9... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Evie and Sally have a night out.

A chapter in the book The Curse of 'Gator Bayou

A Night Out in Baton Rouge

by justjo66

The author has placed a warning on this post for sexual content.


Background
A Cajun girl grows up quickly and learns to take care of herself in 1940's New Orleans.
Chapter 9 A Night Out in Baton Rouge

Sally's driver dropped them off at the Winsor Hotel in Baton Rouge while they made reservations for the night.

"Sally, I called Renee's office. Some silly girl at the desk told me he was out on some kind of case. I left him a message we'd be shopping and spending the night."
"Aw, Sally it feels good to be in town. What do you want to do first?" Evie asked.

"Let's go shopping for some new things, get something to eat then we will see what comes up." Sally grinned.

Dinner was three martinis and a salad. They shopped all the expensive shops in Baton Rouge. Sally's driver took their purchases back to their rooms.

"What do you say we go have some fun dancing? I wouldn't mind putting my nose up close to some hairy sailor's chest." Sally smiled.

"You are something else, Sally. I'm all for it...let's go." Evie slurred her speech only slightly. "We are so wicked." Evie got up from the table knocking over the remains of her drink. "Oops, sorry."

George, dressed in a gray uniform with a nice gray and black cap, waited patiently in front of Gaudin's for the ladies to finish their meal. He saw the ladies when they got to the front door, smashed out his cigarette on the sidewalk and opened the door. Both women giggled and slid into the back seat. "Where to, Madame?"

"Oh, we aren't sure. Take us to someplace nice so we can dance." Sally said giggling.

"I haven't danced in ages."Evie replied. "Renee is such a stick in the mud he never wants to have fun anymore." Evie pouted.

"Girl, I know what you mean. Let's forget those men tonight, and we'll have ourselves a good time."

"The only time Renee ever wants to go dancing is when he's had a few drinks. He hardly ever takes a drink since the bender he pulled after his friend Gene died. I just don't know why he's so selfish. He knows I love to have a good time and dance. Now since his partner Pat choked to death on a sandwich. Can you believe that? He's been all business saying it wasn't an accident and "he won't let another partner down. Geez," Evie commented.

"Evie, you are lucky to have a man who loves you like he does. I'd give my eye teeth to have one like Renee. Why, he's handsome, loyal, don't gamble, hardly ever drinks, and loves you. Girl, you have it too good."

"I don't think you'd say that if you lived with him. He sometimes just goes off by himself and broods. I hate it when he does that. And he 's always wanting to cuddle or have sex."

"Girl, I think you complain too much." Sally said smoothing her hair. "George, stop up there at 'The Ritz.'

The Ritz was one of the nicest dance halls in Baton Rouge. The place was jumping with military men, women, and the local high-class locals. Evie and Sally were guided to a white linen covered table with one single candle glowing in the center. Drinks were ordered and while they waited they scoped the establishment out. Evie's eyes sparkled from the mixture of the drinks and the excitement.

"Oh Sally, look at that handsome man over there...he keeps looking at us." Evie whispered and turned brazenly to stare him full on in the face. "He's so tall and handsome."

"My gosh, Evie, he's coming over here." Sally grinned.

"Good evening ladies. Would you, Miss, like to have this dance?"

"Why, yes I'd be delighted." Evie smiled.

"My name is Spencer Edwards and yours?

"It's Evangeline."

"Evangeline, what a beautiful name for a lovely lady."

Evie and Spencer danced a slow waltz then he joined her at the table. Sally was dancing and enjoying herself immensely. "Do you come here to dance often?" Spencer asked.

"No never, I'm just here with my friend Sally on a lark."

As the night tarried and the drinks freely flowed,quite both the ladies became quite intoxicated.

"Sally, I'm going to Mr. Spencer's apartment. He told me he buys and sells exotic jewels. I'll meet you in the morning at The Ritz." Evie winked. Evie left with the tall dark haired stranger in his chauffeur driven car. Evie could tell Spencer was obviously wealthy from his elaborately ornate apartment. African and Egyptian art and statues were everywhere.

"Spencer, you have a beautiful apartment. I can see you love African and Egyptian art."

"Yes, I have spent a lot of time over there, in fact, I just came back from buying diamonds and rubies. Would you like to see what I bought?"

"Yes, I love jewelry."

Spencer walked to a very old cabinet and unlocked the door. Inside Evie could see various items that appeared Egyptian antiquities. Spencer pulled out a small black velvet lined box and opened it for Evie.

"Oh my! I have never seen anything so fantastic."

Spencer held out a large white diamond , "Yes, it is said that this one was taken from the eye of an African god" With a smile "they say there's a curse on it. Do you believe in curses, Evie?"
"Ugh...I'm not sure." Evie smiled coyly.

"I have spent extensive time studying the African and Egyptian beliefs. You might say I have developed quite a fascination with their religions." Spencer smiled. "Pardon me, I'm afraid I haven't been a very good host. Please sit down. I'll get us a drink."
**********

Sally heard the soft rapping on her hotel door but didn't want to get up.

"Oh, wait a minute...I'm coming." Sally grumbled holding her head. She opened the door to a disheveled Evie.

"Evie, come in. I'm dying...my head is pounding."

"I know, I feel like I've been ran over by a truck, too. Let's order some tomato juice and vodka from room service." Evie plopped down on the bed next to Sally.

"Well, are you going to tell me?" Sally urged.

"Maybe, but not everything..." Evie laughed

"I'm dying, I have a million questions. First, did you have a good time? You know what I mean." Sally grinned.

Evie sighed. "Hmmm, yes, he was absolutely as gorgeous without his clothes as with them. Only thing I thought a little strange; he didn't have any hair on his upper body anywhere except his dark hair on his head. A large tattoo went all the way down his back from his neck to his waist."

"Oh, how interesting. What kind of tattoo?

"He said he had gotten it when he was a very young boy. His own daddy had done the work. Something about it's suppose to look like the back of an alligator. It was just marks on each side of his backbone. Rather ugly if you ask me. Something to do with some Egyptian god or something. You know that kind of stuff never interested me."

"I sure would have liked to see that. It makes him sound so exotic." Sally purred.

"Yes, I guess you could say that. He was really exciting in bed, too. But, hey, a good girl never kisses and tells." Evie teased.

"Evie, you little tart...I'm your best friend...you know you can tell me all the good parts. Now tell me. I'm dying to know everything."

"His apartment was a pen house suite at The Carlton Arms."

"Ewww, a rich catch. Tell me more."

"Well, he had a velvet lined box with the most exquisite diamonds, rubies, emeralds and other precious stones. He travels all over the world buying and selling jewels. He was fascinating.
I agreed to meet him again next week at his penthouse. Why shouldn't I have a little fun? Renee is so boring."

"Of course ,you should...you deserve some fun. We both do." Sally agreed.

"Well, how was your night?" Evie looked at Sally.

"Not bad. I danced with all the single handsome men and finally one of those hairy sailors that I talked about asked me to go for coffee. We had a good time." Sally grinned.









The story continues. I'm back to writing again after my back surgery. Hope you will continue with my story.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. justjo66 All rights reserved.
justjo66 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.