Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted April 30, 2016


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Thoughts from my journal

Rainy Day

by justjo66


Saturday morning. Another rainy weekend.

Usually, I'm a positive person. Lately, however, I've been feeling a little down about not getting very far down the road toward achieving my dreams. Sometimes, it is so hard to keep your dreams alive. Reality seems to sneak up behind you and clobber you to the ground or you just plain get your parade rained on for whatever reasons. Or in my case you trip over your own two feet and injure your back to the point you have to see a spinal specialist for injections. Poor me. Okay enough of that!

Like most of you.I have so many hopes and plans for my future. I don't want to lose hope and just throw in the towel. So, when I'm feeling blue or discouraged I try to find something to redirect my thoughts.

Some of you that have read my work know I like RVing. I used to frequent a website very often http://www. Hitchitch.com. Many years ago I came across Brian's blog at Goin' RV Boon docking Blog and it still seems to hit the nail on the head. I couldn't say it any better myself so I thought I'd include the insert below.



Insert from Brian's blog on Hitchitch.com
Goin' RV Boondocking Blog March 24, 2011

So, I got One more little reminder last night... Just roll... just pick up your feet, like that great philosopher once said, and step off in the direction of your dreams... The obstacles still come along... The rain still comes... That will never change. Not ever. You just walk around 'em!

Really!... You just, turn your trail... Find that narrow, quiet little seldom used trail... and go around...

The ONLY thing that has changed... is... You Aren't WAITING any longer. Your dreams come closer... and you're Moving. You are Living! HooYa! :)

From Drifting Gypsy Biker Cowboys... to Folks Wandering the Oceans in a Sailboat... climbing Mountains... Putting the Interpretations of those Mountains by Their Spirit onto Canvas, Hurdling Agility Obstacles, Racing Fine horses in a Rodeo Arena or... painting custom cars and motorcycles... the Dreams are many.

Don't let 'em wait... "step off in the direction of your Dreams"... Today.

Uh... One thing?... Take a rain coat! :)



Thanks Brian for your cowboy wisdom. I needed this today.

So, what's keeping me from obtaining my dreams? Right now I think it's just ME. I think I'll grab my raincoat and just step out and start living my dreams. It sure beats sitting around pissin' and moaning about THINGS.




Thoughts on a rainy day.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. justjo66 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
justjo66 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.