Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted February 19, 2016


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Are we offended yet?

All Christians Are Scum!

by kiwisteveh


Christianity is a vile religion, intolerant of other faiths and given to promoting violence and retribution as a means of conquering those who don't ascribe to its beliefs. There is a long history of this religious fanaticism, as seen in the Crusades where whole armies were mustered to invade other countries to annihilate those peaceful people of the Muslim faith and more recently in the sectarian 'Troubles' in Northern Ireland.

Oh, sorry, I just gave some evidence to support my view. I forgot you don't need evidence to make alarming and hate-filled claims about other religions.

I am delighted to discover that I can finally vent my hatred of Christians openly on this site. Apparently it falls within the site guidelines, and I encourage all the other 'haters' out there to emerge from their dens and start slinging the mud. Any religion is fair game - Buddhism, Taoism, Judaism, Hinduism - let's tar them all with the same brush. Better wash the mud off first, or the tar won't stick. Do you like my use of the word 'haters' - I picked that up on Facebook. Neat, eh?
****************************

Don't expect this to be a very coherent piece or well-written. I am too steamed for that. I am writing in response to the fact that works which are clearly offensive and demeaning to an entire religion are allowed to be posted on this site  Admin say, 'We can only step in if there is a break in the site terms. It doesn't sound like this is the case here.'

I reproduce some of the terms here, so you can make your own decision:

Subscriber shall use FanStory.com for lawful purposes only. Subscriber shall not post or transmit through FanStory.com any material which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law,

Now I'm going to quote the portion of the poem that offended me. This may well result in my post being removed - wouldn't that be a delicious irony?

 
*********

I should become a prophet - the words in the sentence above have come to pass. I am not permitted to quote the parts of the poem that upset me. My post has been disabled, though it may be restored if I remove the whole point of it. Oh, well, you'll have to imagine that the section that follows contains words abusive enough to raise my ire - not about any particular group that has committed an offence, but about entire populations who follow a particular faith. In fact a whole hemisphere of our world is condemned as having traitorous trends. Since it is the hemisphere that contains the greater part of the world's population, that should be a worry.
 
*******************
 
Here is the missing poem

Hate all you people
Men women and children

 
*************************************

For those who don't know me, I have no religious beliefs. I did live for a number of years in a multi-cultural society where I had friends from many religions. As a side-note, the only ones who attempted to get me to attend their religious services, were Christians. I have to say that the many Muslims I got to know managed to hide the fact that they hated me every second of the day. They invited me into their homes, offered me food (not poisoned), told me about their customs without any pressure, came out with me to go shopping and eat out and supported me as I struggled with my new job teaching in one of their schools. I am amazed that for the eight years I lived there they somehow kept their  treacherous motives under wraps. Even the young children I taught must have been specialists in disguising the hatred which is obviously inculcated from a young age.

The assertion that Muslims all hate us and train their children to do the same is the very antithesis of the Muslims I know. They are gentle, loving people and nearly all devoted followers of a faith that promotes those values. Are there Muslims at the extreme end of their religion who disgrace it with their zealotry and calls to violence? Yes, of course, just as there are Christians in the same boat.

I am sure there are a number of Muslims on this site. To them, I offer my apologies that such pieces are allowed to stand. I hope you recognise that this is the work of a few troubled individuals and does not reflect the majority of decent members here.

However, to those reviewers who have come out in support of the sentiments expressed in these poems, shame on you. You are allowing the words and actions of fanatics to scare the decent human being out of you.

I'm glad I got that off my chest. Anyone want to come out and throw rocks through some Jewish windows? There's an old Buddhist guy down the road; we could trash his garden and graffiti his shrine as we go past.



Recognized


This piece has been severely edited to omit any reference to a particular member or their poem. It rather spoils the effect, but I hope you still get the point - you are allowed to spout hatred about someone else's religion. You are not allowed to write a piece criticising that post.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. kiwisteveh All rights reserved.
kiwisteveh has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.