Humor Poetry posted October 10, 2015


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Limerick

Ride 'em, Cowboy!

by kiwisteveh

The author has placed a warning on this post for sexual content.


"Just give me a gal hot as chilli!"

Cried rodeo-rider, Bad Billy.

     When he was astride her

     And slipped deep inside her,

She bucked like an unbroken filly!


 



Limerick Contest writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Please write a SINGLE limerick in five lines with a syllable count of, 9-9-6-6-9.

Limericks originated in Ireland and are traditional bawdy, so try to incorporate that element without being overly crude/offensive.

Limericks are usually written in anapaestic meter. That's a syllable emphasis beat of [da-da-DUM-da-da-DUM etc) - the 'das' being un-emphasised, and the 'DUMS' being emphasised syllables. However, if you struggle with meter, just do your best as it's not a specific requirement here.

The rhyme scheme requires perfect (not near) rhymes in a pattern of AABBA - the 1st, 2nd and 5th lines have the same ending rhyme, and the 3rd and 4th lines have their own same ending rhyme. Allowance should be made for different colloquial pronunciation.

NO artwork or sound effects. NO author notes. Written in straight lines. TWO colour presentation only - one for background, and one for type.

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. kiwisteveh All rights reserved.
kiwisteveh has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.