General Non-Fiction posted July 10, 2015


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
I don't like fog.

Fog

by justjo66

I don't like driving in the fog. It's frightening to be encapsulated in an envelope of smoky gray and not be able to see up ahead. The same road that is traveled to work every day becomes unknown, strange and scary. The fog is suffocating, it's so thick. What if there's a stalled car up ahead? What if there's someone walking too close to the highway? Thoughts bombard my mind. The usual quick, on automatic pilot trip becomes one that has my full attention. No scenery, the trees, houses, billboards that usually distract me are not seen. It's me and the car. The fog has forced me to slow down. It's me and my thoughts and fears.

I don't like the fog. I would rather be in the sunshine brightness where I can see forever and be prepared for the bumps, and detours of my life. "Don't throw me any curves", I wail. "I want a predictable, safe life". No unseen curves, no surprises, no slick spots...just easy sailing. Don't take me out of my comfort zone. What a safe but boring life.

I can see the tail lights of the car ahead of me slicing through the "soup". I wonder if they're like me. Afraid of the unknown?

God's holy word says that "we see through the mirror darkly". We think we're walking around and have a clear view but instead our entire lives are really spent in fog, fear, and frantic pursuit. We need headlights to pierce the darkness. We need to sometimes slow down and get in touch with our inner selves. We need to get to a place of reliance on someone greater than us that can see through the fog. Reliance on HIM, we can't see but He does. He knows our every day, He knows the path. There's a bumper sticker I've often seen that I think needs revision..."God is my co-pilot"...I think it should read "God is my pilot".

God is my headlight, my pathfinder, my guide, and protector. I don't have to worry. I touch my foot to the accelerator and trust that there is road up ahead, my pilot knows HIS way for me.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. justjo66 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
justjo66 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.