Letters and Diary Non-Fiction posted June 22, 2015


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A letter

I'll Meet You at the River

by justjo66

Dad,
I haven't written to you in a long time. But tonight I felt like I really needed to talk with you. I guess you don't know, yet, that Richard and I moved next door to Mom and Cindy. I'm loving having Mom come over almost every morning for coffee. We've began going to church with her, too. I know you'd be glad to hear that.

Father's Day was not the same without you. I really miss hearing your voice and seeing your smile. Daddy, thirteen years is a very long time to be away from all of us. I understand you are happy there and I would never want you to be in the pain you were in the last time I saw your face.

I look around the old home place and see you everywhere in all the buildings and fences you built. There's a little squirrel that comes to Mom's bird feeder every day and eats up the bird feed. Mom fusses about it, but, I think she really likes it. You used to love the squirrel's so much. Do you have squirrels in your new home? I sure hope so. I know they delighted you so much.

Oh, did I tell you we visited your grave Father's Day. It had been raining really hard. Mom still wanted to go. Cindy drove us out to your country grave site. It's so beautiful and peaceful out there. Mom and I both prayed that the rain would stop just long enough for us to get out and put some flowers on your tombstone. You know God honored our request and suddenly the rain stopped and the sun began shining. Mom at 86 can't get around like she once did but she made it just fine to the stone. We know it's only your tired old body lying there and that it will not be long before we join you. It's still hard. We miss you so much.

Daddy, I guess I need to get ready for bed. I love you so much. "I'll meet you at the river." I know you'll be fishing with Rex.
Love you forever,
Jo Laine




Cindy my younger sister
Rex my brother who met Daddy at the river 4 years ago
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. justjo66 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
justjo66 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.