General Fiction posted May 31, 2015


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
100 word story

No Girls Aloud

by kiwisteveh


Sally planted her feet, squinted up at the ramshackle structure and let out her best louder-than-Mom-when-she's-really-madder-n-hell hollers.

Jem's head popped out of what passed for a window.

"You go 'way, Sal. Cain't you read? This club is for boys only."

"I kin read a sight better than you kin spell, by the looks of it."

"Well this sure ain't no spellin' club." His tow hair disappeared. Bouts of spiteful laughter echoed from within..

"If that's the way you want it," muttered Sally, trudging off. The ladder weighed a ton, but she reckoned she could lug it all the way home.



100 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story of 100 words. not including the title. Any subject accepted. Must be exactly 100 words.

Recognized


This is exactly 100 words according to advanced editor. I think it counts the hyphenated phrase as one word.

Organiser, please let me know if this is pushing the boundaries too far and I can edit to fix it.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. kiwisteveh All rights reserved.
kiwisteveh has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.