Mystery and Crime Fiction posted February 23, 2013


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
200 word flash fiction

Your Honour

by kiwisteveh

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, have you reached your verdict?"

"We have, Your Honour."

Gaby's heart pounded. Outwardly though, she remained composed.

"Sexy is a bad look," her lawyer had counselled and Gaby had reluctantly toned down her make-up, tied up her hair and hidden her curvaceous assets under a black sack dress.

"On the charge of first degree murder, how do you find the defendant?" The judge's beady eyes blinked and his bald head shone. Surprisingly to most, his summing up had been kind to Gaby and his directions to the jury on points of law may even have tipped the scales in her favour.

"Not guilty."

As the courtroom emptied, Gaby made an unobtrusive exit and slipped into a rest room, emerging ten minutes later in a figure-hugging red dress, blonde tresses now set off by cherry lipstick.

Unrecognizable now from the plain figure in the dock, she returned through the deserted courtroom. "That piece of garbage deserved everything he got," she thought, restraining the laughter that threatened to well up. She tapped lightly on an unmarked door.

"If it please Your Honour," she murmured huskily, "just time for a drink and then .... your reward."



200 Word Flash Fiction writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 200 - 210 words. The trick is you must use the following words: laughter, heart, minute, jury, drink, garbage. Words may be used in different formats (for example: drink, drinking, drank)

Recognized


Word count 210

I plead guilty to taking some liberties with the justice system.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. kiwisteveh All rights reserved.
kiwisteveh has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.