Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted December 27, 2012


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Everything that is right shall be wrong, and wrong right...

Dude Process

by Mike K2

What higher principle then to laud the fair;
womanly qualities of lovingness and care!
Preserving importance so others will see;
penning a portrait, what is important to me.

With gathered courage and poem for her hand;
asking only appreciation, hoped will land...
Thrown out, never to return! Issues forth scorn;
poem's intent questioned, ridiculed /also torn.

Accused of perversion and lewd intentions;
his feelings dismissed, as if evil inventions.
She who was lauded makes sure she has her say;
exiled, the one who took his time, no words can sway.

This exists so prevalently in modern culture,
a well intentioned soul stripped alive by vulture...
What a societal embarrassment!
That a poem extolling love is considered
just another a case of sexual harassment!




In reality, I wished I could write every woman I meet a love poem, yet the opportunity is afforded so rarely and with me, only when deserved. I write anti-terrorism poetry from time to time, and you never know when something you write or say will be blowing up in your face, yet it is with love poetry that I suffered the most severe and harsh penalties, not to mention accusations. It really does make me want to put the pen down permanently, but while I cry my eyes out, I guess I still have the pen in my hands and poke out what my eyes see as offensive, as it is by sheer spirit that I continue to write.

The feelings that I suffer stem from the poem that I wrote before this one, as I honestly had the best of intentions, but they only seemed to assign me their pervert invention. It still hurts...
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.