Biographical Non-Fiction posted October 10, 2012


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Just thoughts on turning 64 today.

Life Lessons Learned

by justjo66

Turning 64...Wow!!! It does not seem possible that the years have flown by so quickly. When I was a very young girl I never actually thought about getting old...it was just somewhere up there but never would happen to ME. :o) Well, if we live long enough it happens to all of us and hopefully by the time one gets to the ripe age of 64 there have been some lessons learned. So, I thought I'd put a few of the things I have learned over the years to paper. Some might seem repetitive Well, after all I AM 64. LOL
Here goes:

1. Life is short, it goes by quickly...enjoy today.

2. Count your blessings.

3. Things are just things, we take nothing with us when we go.

4. I am stronger than I once thought.

5. Everyone has an interesting story to tell. I need to stop and listen.

6. Relationships are what count.

7. Beauty is fleeting.

8. It's okay to be ME...to be different.

9. I'm not where I thought I'd be at this age, but I'm learning to accept the unchangeable things and work on changing the things I can.

10. Most the time I take myself way too serious.

11. I love my children and grandchildren more than anything on earth.

12. My parents loved me and still do.

13. Forgiveness is not forgetting but it lets me off the hook.

14. Our words are powerful.

15. It's never too late to say I'm sorry.

16. We are eternal being...even though my body grows old and is wearing out...my Spirit is very young and the best is yet to come.

17. Dogs make great companions. They are always happy you have come home.


18. Take a picture, you will wish you had it to look back on later.


19. Age is all perspective. To my children I am old, to my mother of 83...I am young!

20. Something learned is never wasted.

21. If God sees every bird fall to the ground and knows how many hairs I have on my head...He surely knows what I'm going through every moment of my life.

22. Happiness/Joy is a Choice.

23. It's NOT my parents fault.

24. Not everyone "gets" me...but that is okay.

25. I don't like housework, but I love a clean orderly house.

26. Food was created to nourish our bodies and give us pleasure.

27. There are NO bad foods.

28. I'm never going to be a great beauty, but I can love me anyway.

29. God Loves "me" and so do others.

30. Age is just a number.

31. If we give we receive.

32. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. (God)

33. Honor your Mother and Father (God)

34. Look for the good in situations, it is not always easy but it makes the situation easier.

35. Most things get better with time.

36. Sometimes the best thing to say is Nothing.

37. Water is good for me. :o)

38. God's beauty is everywhere, just open your eyes.

39. God's Spirit lives in me...take time to be quiet and still and listen for HIM.

40. There is a plan for my life.

41. I have a purpose and reason for being here.

42. Sometimes you have to say "No".

43. You can't trust everyone but the ones you can are priceless.

44. I am forgiven of ALL my SINS.

45. I am not that same girl that I was at 20...I have changed, some good...some bad...but it's still me.

46. Some questions will never have answers.

47. There's always time later to clean the house...now is NOW...opportunities to interact with my family need to happen when they occur. Take time to listen, play and just be with your family.

48. Thin will not make me happy anymore than being filthy rich...but I sure would like to try both. :O)

49. Laughing is good for us.

50. Turning 50 was not so bad. :o)

51. A clean house feels warmer (My Mom)

52. My parents did know what they were talking about.

53. Thank God for some unanswered prayers.

54. Everything eventually comes to pass (my mom)

55. Don't hang your holey underwear out on the line to dry. (my mom)

56. It's okay to march to a different drummer. Just keep marching!

57. Words are powerful instruments of good or evil.

58. Never say Never.

59. Hope for the best and plan for the rest.

60. Life's not over at 60.

61. Life is full of choices. Choose wisely.

62. I still have a lot to learn. :o) And hopefully, a lot more years to do it.

63. I am so grateful for all the wonderful things God has blessed me with.

64. Live in the present, the past is History, the Future is unknown but the present is here and now. That is why it is called the "present." Enjoy.

Here's hoping no matter what your age your next birthday......that you are enjoying this wonderful gift of life each of us has been given. I know that today on October 10th I will be celebrating ALL 64 years of mine. :o)










The picture above is of a West Texas pump jack. You see them a lot out here. They pump oil up from the ground. Reminded me of my steady old heart just keeps pumping that precious blood through my body. :o)
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. justjo66 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
justjo66 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.