Biographical Poetry posted February 3, 2012


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The night we learned our son had killed himself.

Pain

by justjo66

In shock and horror we stood
with tears as bitter as wormwood.
How could this news be true?
We were at a loss as what to do

The phone rang at a late hour
Took all our strength within our power
The only thing left was to pray
and wait for the day.

Morning brought only more pain
Our son had shot himself in his brain
Lord we asked for your direction
Why had our son felt such rejection?

Answers we will never get
at least not yet
This we do believe
To God's strength we'll ever cleave.



Asking God for Direction writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a poem about asking the Lord for guidence because we know very little. the style of poem is up to you, but it needs to be at least 2 stazas and no more than 4. and it must rhyme.

Recognized


Our son was one of the light's of our life. He died at 41years old 11 years ago Christmas night. Someday, I know we will see him again and get our questions answered. Thank you for reading. Today Sept. 10th, 2015 is World Wide Suicide Prevention Day. If you know anyone who is depressed get them help. Our son would not let us help him. He died in his truck on a lonely county road, a beautiful full moon shining. A shot gun blast to his head. He was smart, handsome, and so talented. He had three beautiful children that were left without a father. Parents that loved him. Yet, he felt hopeless because his wife of 17 years found another man. He thought he could not live without her. He could have if he had given himself just a little more time.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. justjo66 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
justjo66 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.