General Poetry posted January 2, 2012


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A fun and entertaining thought. Freestyle and slam

Man's Insanity Towards Man

by Mike K2

Easter Mid sized

You're sane if you're the same in my game,
or insane because you independently decided to reign.

But usually you are judged by those within,
who wrest idly by, dilly-dallying sly.

So best to be without,
work hard and remain stout,
so as crazy as we all are,
at least in our minds
we accomplish more by far.

Yes, life has its elements of madness;
but those in the right mind
will always find a bit of gladness.

We are all insane by my decree!
Just a matter of the degree.




The photograph is from Easter Island, but a compilation of two separate photographs obtained from Wikipedia under the entry, "Easter Island." The main photograph is of the statues facing right and was released by its author and copyright holder under the following licenses: GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2; Creative Commons Attribution License-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license; and Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Generic License. The author does not personally endorse this work and must whether modified or not require proper attribution.

The second photograph (statues looking towards the left) was taken by Aurbina and release into the public domain by said author.

I sort of slammed this ditty after a friend and Facebook member, Dawn, posed this on her Facebook page, "With talent and success comes madness. But we all can't be insane." She works at a building two doors north of me on Harford road and is a writer, but to a different site. I have been trying to change that...

For whatever reason, I couldn't get Jim Morrison out of my head on this and went with the flow, or as Ray Manzarek put it, one's inner Shaman. With judgment of insanity, I always had to wonder about the person making the judgment. I feel some things are best left to God.

Oh, and yes, I mean wrest! I love both the antonym and homonm quality with that word choice, as in Baltimore I see many people working their butts off to have the ability to do nothing, then working to get ahead and better their lots. There is a bit of futility in the latter, but one gets more out of life trying to find the next rung. Yep, that word choice also adds a pungent cinamon warmth to it.

What really cracks me up is, if you judge the person who has passed judgement upon you and point out his idiosyncricties and flaws, up slip from poetic observer to smart-ass.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.