General Non-Fiction posted December 12, 2011


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Love letter

Hooked On You

by justjo66

Dear Richard,

I've heard it said all my life that people who live together for a long time "begin to look alike." I've looked at your picture on my desk at work for a long time today and I still after all these almost 38 years do not think we look alike. However, I do know for sure that we think alike and sometimes say the same things at the same time. It's almost like we can read each other's minds. If that's really the case, then you already know how much I love you. But it never hurts to say it in writing.

From the very first time I met you in that old dance hall, I knew I was hooked. I never could have resisted your sun bleached hair with those long red sideburns. You smelled like sweet lemon and sunshine. Your arms were strong and you could dance. I loved to dance. Would you like to know what really hooked me? I'll tell you a secret. It was your laugh. Your brown eyes lit up and your dimples were deep when you smiled or laughed. And laughed you did. I smile when I think about your laugh. I still love to hear it today.

It will be your 69th birthday soon. That doesn't seem possible. We have been together for almost half our lives. Up and down the hills of life, good times and bad. I'm sure glad you have been the one beside me.

Your hair isn't sun bleached blond anymore and the sideburns are gone. The gray shines brightly instead of the red. You still smell as sweet to me as the time we first met. Your arms are still strong. We don't go dancing like we used to. Now, we sit and watch "Dancing with the Stars." The other day when we went shopping; I watched you walk into the building and realized that you are still so handsome to me. I'm still so hooked on you.

I hope we're going to spend many more years together. What ever would I do without you? I love you more than words can say.

Forever,



Love Letter contest entry

Recognized


Thanks to VMarguarite for your picture. 359 words
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by VMarguarite at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. justjo66 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
justjo66 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.