Letters and Diary Non-Fiction posted November 11, 2011


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Attitude counts

Attitude Adjustment

by justjo66

The alarm went off this morning like it does every weekday. As my mind closed in on the fact, "I have to get up," I could hear the rain hitting my bedroom window. "Oh how good it would feel just to lie here in my warm snuggly bed and have the rain lull me back to sleep," I thought. As I forced myself up, my mind began to grumble. "I hate driving in the dark and the rain," I exclaimed to the empty kitchen. The "poor pitiful me's" began to take over. All the way to work I grumbled.

Once I got to work and began to read my email my grumbling stopped. The news was from a co-worker. Her little baby boy began to have seizures about a month ago. He had brain surgery a couple of days ago and today he has an infection and now the doctors have informed the parents that "they didn't get all the part that was causing the seizures." Another surgery would be scheduled for tomorrow.

I was struck with guilt. How dare I complain of rain and having to get up from my sleepy bed. Thank God, my children are okay. Thank God, I have a job and am still able to work. Thank God, I live in this great country where so many men and women have given their lives for my freedom. I am thankful for all my blessings.

Attitude is everything. I'm working on having an attitude of gratitude.





Thank you wallypete for the great picture. Today on Veterans Day I want to say a special thanks to our Vets.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. justjo66 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
justjo66 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.