Horror and Thriller Fiction posted September 18, 2011


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
... the elixir of life

I Drink

by kiwisteveh

The change is swift….
 
As the twilight glooms towards inky darkness, my new senses come alive. My ears grow attuned to the noises of the night, a thousand tell-tale odors assail my nose and my bare feet seem to be caressed by each crevice, each particle in the sidewalk.
 
She is coming….
 
How confidently my beauty, my first,  strides down the dimly-lit street. Raven locks frame the pale, almost translucent skin of her delicate face. Shimmering green swims in the depths of her eyes, and a sleeveless dress of matching color swathes her slender body. Greedily my eyes are drawn to the graceful, arching throat where my prize awaits.
 
Boldly I step from the darkness….
 
She is startled but unafraid at first; then realisation and terror grow in those emerald eyes, and crimson lips part to emit a gurgling cry as she turns to flee. In one bound I am on her, stifling her cries. She kicks and struggles but there is no way she can match my formidable new strength. Swiftly I drag her into the shadows. Untried fangs pierce her throat.
 
I drink deep of the hot, red elixir of life…
 
 



HOrror writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short flash fiction story between 100 to 200 words based on the themes specified in contest details.



193 words
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. kiwisteveh All rights reserved.
kiwisteveh has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.