General Poetry posted April 4, 2011


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Senru

Faith For Japan

by Mike K2

Unfolding,
paper loses form.
Faith reforms.




Published in Poems Of The World Spring 2011 Volume 15 #3

Photograph is used on Wikipedia and is considered public domain by its author, Kinori at the English Wikipedia Project.

I really can't call this an original thought of poem as I have worked from a Haiku from a Facebook friend named, John Tiong Chunghoo, from Malaysia.

folded cranes
one thousand and one wishes
for japan

Both his poem and the image of a crane has haunted me ever since, because just shortly before I found it on Facebook, I was out and about and saw a Great Blue Heron flew low right above me. While the Blue Heron is seen in the area, it is somewhat rare to see one fly by in my area.

Sometimes it is better to open the closet door and let the ghosts and skeletons dance a bit... Even if in the poetic sense.

Origami and Japan as synonymous and I have actually tried my hand at it. It is amazing how many times that paper is folded and unfolded, and thought about Origami and the disaster because somewhere along the line I always end up saying, "What the hell?"
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.