General Poetry posted October 6, 2010


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Freestyle poem.

The Finer Side of Rock and Roll

by Mike K2

The Finer Side to Rock and Roll




Believe it or not, I had this idea for a couple of years now. It's one of those things, you attend a couple of poetry conventions and you will never be of the same mind. Expecting a buch of hard and fast rules, I was so amazed at the realm that not only poetry actual is, but how one can apply the various talents they have accumulated.

In June, I attened my first meeting of The Baltimore Poetry Discussion Group, which meets the first Saturday of each month. I wanted to pop this idea on them, but since they seemed to study only the classical and renound poets, I figured no way. To my surprise, much like scouts, I found myself volunteered to lead the next poetry discussion; "The Finer Poetry in Rock and Roll Lyrics." Since I can't find the pin to put in that hand grenade, I figured the best introduction is a poetic one. The daunting task is figuring out how to cram in two hours the material that could actually develope a college course for credit. Still the group has provided me with a learning experience; since they are an older crowd, there are talking about Dylan. I guess my purpose is to say that a lot has happened since then...
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.