General Poetry posted August 10, 2010


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
For radio talk show listeners.

Talk Show Man

by Mike K2

Welcome to the Ron Smith Show!
News, entertainment and opinion for those on the go!
Running the show behind the board is a producer and bull dog;
who intergrates Ron, news, traffic, weather and updates on smog.

Listen to Ron and you will surley hear his views,
on current events, history, philosophy and Maryland's various political hues.
Steadfast, ever thinking and through the seasons.
The one, the only voice of reason!

The Ron Smith Show has its lighter moments, wit and humor;
while helping people sift the facts out of the rumor.
Every once in a while, Ron goes off on a rant;
usually based on a caller whose opinion was based on logic that's scant.

Some callers are regulars, like Jeff from Paw Paw and Ka Ka Ka Ken;
and others that only call Ron once to put him on a rant again.
The Ron Smith show is aired for all of us,
he'll even let you voice your opinion unless you cuss.

Airing your opinion is fun and might do you well,
dial 410 467-WBAL





I actually wrote this poem in October 2002, but thought this would be great to fill a posting addiction withdraw.

Whatever your political inclination, I believe that talk radio is an excellent medium to help one sort through the news. Very often, there is more news presented then the news media themselves. In addition, one can get more behind the scenes information and other people's ideas to help form your opinion. Or at least a way to find an internet source so you can get more.

I listen to a variety of such hosts, which are more determined by their time slot then their view or political inclination. One main consideration is if they are entertaining first and how much valuable information the can supply. Some I really don't like at all, but listen to them intently. It's their personalities that I don't like, such as Mark Levin, but his gives great information about aspects of the government with his command about legalities and constitutional consideration. Or Michael Savage with his demeanor, yet as crazy as he is, his predictions come hauntingly true, just like my father's always did.

Ron Smith actually started out in the financial field and transitioned into TV News. He Anchored at WBAL TV in the seventies and started doing talk radio in 1984.

He is neither liberal or conservative, considering himself independent in nature and very often, calls it like he sees it and stands by his opinion. He was for the war in Afghanistan, but against the one in Iraq. That view cost him over a third of his audience, unfortunately he lost me as well, but it was due to a change in shift. I felt that his considerations were right, but that we still needed to be there. Fortunately the station stayed behind him and his audience once again climbed.

What I find of value is how he incorporates local news with callers that can add pertinent information and his command on economic issues. He also has many interesting and informative guest that have added greatly to my knowledge. His demeanor is refreshing as he predominates the show, it isn't about him. "Voice of Reason" and "Talk Show Man," are the lighthearted mantras that are placed on him by listeners. Of course, feel free to disagree. His show airs 9:00am-12:00pm and is accessible on the internet by accessing WBAL Radio.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mike K2 All rights reserved.
Mike K2 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.